World Relief is a USA relief and development charity working with to bring help and hope to communities in need. World Relief is committed to the sector standards and good practice. Right now we are looking for a dedicate and capable person for Finance Assistant based in Mataram Lombok Please submit your application to :
Position : Finance Assistant
Reporting to : Project Manager
Location : Mataram Lombok
Work Condition : Full Time ( 6 month renewable to up to two years)
GENERAL FUNCTION: This is a new position that all Indonesia Programs need to add, because of the partial decentralization of the bookeeping fungtion, including entry of expenditures into the Quickbooks system that will be installed in each program
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
· Reports to the Lombok Project Manager.
· Functional reporting line to the Finance Manager.
· Work closely with the Logistic and Administrator.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
Cash and Banking
1. Responsible for the office petty cash float.
2. Issue petty cash and cash advances to staffs and to project sites as required, ensuring that records are well maintained.
3. Refill the petty cash as needed using funds from WR Lombok BNI-Mataram bank account, and ensure that records are well maintained.
4. Maintain the cash book and reconcile daily. Notify the Project Manager immediately of any discrepancies.
5. Together with Program Manager count the petty cash at least once a week
6. Maintain the bank account and reconcile monthly. Notify the Project Manager immediately of any discrepancies.
7. Assist the Project Manager with forecasting cash requirements, monitor changes and notify the Country office appropriately.
8. Receive and record monies paid in by staff or others, issue receipts.
9. Maintain safe custody of cash at all times.
1. Ensure all expenditures are approved in accordance with World Relief policies and procedures and Logistics operating procedures
2. Disburse the WR financial contribution to WR’s partners in accordance with the signed MOAs.
3. Check invoices for authorization, correct account and project coding, and process payments for utilities and suppliers.
4. Prepare requests for wire transfers from Country office to Lombok Office bank account or to pay suppliers.
5. Check and reimburse employee expenses in accordance with World Relief policies and procedures.
6. Ensure that proper internal controls and record keeping established by the Country Office are in place and followed
1. Reconcile employee advances and other scheduled accounts at least monthly.
2. Send files to the Country office once every two week in accordance with finance reporting calendar.
1. Assist Project Manager in developing project budgets.
2. Monitor project and core budget expenditures against approved budgets and advise
1. To provide monthly cash summary and bank reconciliations and other information as requested to the Finance Manager.
2. Obtain management reports as requested by Project Manager, and at regular intervals as defined by Finance Manager and Administrator in the Country Office.
3. To do other duties assigned by the Project Manager.
Relevant knowledge and qualifications up to degree level
Minimum of 3 years book keeping or accounting experience
Demonstrated ability to manage cash
High level computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel and quick book.
Good organizing skills and ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
A team player with good interpersonal skills
Good skill in organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking.
Able to handle and guard confidential information sensitively and discretely.
Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
Preferences, but not required:
· Ability to speak one or more local dialect
· Ability to speak and write in English
Experience working with other NGO’s
Insistence on compliance with internal controls and World Relief policies and procedures
Operate the bank account as approved by World Relief
Represent World Relief with suppliers and banks in fulfilling of duties detailed above
Fulfillment of the assigned job description.
Timeliness and quality of communications
Maintaining a constructive attitude.
Resolving conflicts in a mutually satisfactory manner.
Maintaining a daily devotional life.
Able to support the teams joint devotional activities
Reliability and trustworthiness
Able to work in difficult environmental conditions
· This position is based in Mataram. Occasional travel to other project locations in Indonesia may be require
Working hours will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday but will be structured in light of the prevailing situation being addressed, and may be unsociable at times.
HR of World Relief Indonesia